The Cisco 2950 series are fixed-configuration, stackable standalone switches that offer Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and fast Ethernet connection. It does come with different ranges of configuration, which permit industrial different business sizes to select the correct combinations for network connection. It does also come with two sets of software, which are:
• The Standard Image Software: – This software offers functions for video services, voice services and basic data services.
• The Enhanced Image Software: – This software offers functions for networks that require requirements for advanced quality service (QoS), additional security and high availability. This means that the enhanced image software offers intelligent services like rate limiting as well as security filtering for deployment.
Its Key Features
• Stackable standalone
• 24 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ-45)
• 2/3 OSI Layers
• Uplink/Additional Port(s): 2 x 1000Base-T (RJ-45)
• Serial RJ-45 console port type
• 13.6 Gbps switch fabric rate
• Layer 2 Forwarding Rate: 6.6 Mpps
• 256 VLANs
Well, these are just but some of its key features. However, this product has a lot to offer than the above features.
The products brand name is CISCO, Series 2950 and model; WS-C2950T-48-SI
This product measures 17.5” X 13.0” X 1.7”. It weighs about 10 Ibs. It comes with a metallic case.
IEEE 802.1x support, IEEE 802.3x full duplex on 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX ports, IEEE 802.1D Spanning-Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1p class-of-service (CoS) prioritization, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T specification, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX specification, IEEE 802.3ad, and IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X specification.
48 10/100 Mbps ports with two fixed 10/100/1000BASE-T uplinks, and 10/100Mbps Ports + 1000Mbps Uplinks.
It comes with a MAC Address Table of 8K and does support VLAN.
PRODUCT AND DEMERITS OF CISCO 2950
To know if a product is worth, a person must compare its merits to the demerits. If the merits are many compared to the demerits, then automatically that product is good. At the same time, the merits will depend on what a person is looking for in the product. For example, if you are looking for high data transmission speeds that this product cannot handle, then this product is not for you. in a nutshell, it will generally depend on what you are looking for.
The advantages are plenty, which include:
• Very easy to set up
• Comes with a Cisco Network Assistant SNMP management software
• The software is free
• Very affordable
Just like any other product in the market, this product comes with its limitations, which are:
• Slightly noisy if you keep it in a wiring cabinet or closet
• It comes with limited warranty
The fact of the matter is that this product is very affordable if you compare this product to another such as the Dell Switch with similar features but with POE. It handles everything easily. With all these features, we can truly say that you should trust this product if you have minimum funding. In a nutshell, the product is durable, which has been made possible with its metallic casing. This does also mean that it handles heat very well.